Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research's open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 883
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Foreign Language Research Analyst to work in the Dayton, OH area. The candidate will conduct research in Chinese; collect, manage, and analyze technical data; write finished research and analytic reports; present materials in a formal briefing setting; provide general research, analytical, and advisory support; and perform work under the supervision of a research team member. This position will directly support government research programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Research and acquire technical data and information from foreign research publications, peer-reviewed journal articles, papers, and open-source venues
- Catalog and tag data; organize information for storage and retrieval
- Maintain a complete listing of research material to include, the title of the material; author, the origination date; language; the type of material (i.e. article, abstract, report, electronic media, etc.); and any other information necessary to identify the inventory of collected research data
- Meet regularly with research team members to discuss research assignments
- Analyze and prepare material for written documentation on the findings, to include verbal and written comments
- Write summaries, assessments, and reports on research findings
- Assist research team with identifying new and novel technologies in relevant research areas
- Leverage expertise and language skills to assist other research team members with technical academic research
- Assist research team with identifying relevant technical conferences, symposiums, academic exchanges, and meetings
- Use language skills to provide document translations or summaries
- Attend relevant conferences, symposiums, and academic exchanges, and meetings as needed
- Prepare and presents formal and informal briefings on research findings
- Assist with identifying and prioritizing areas that require more detailed evaluation
- Perform routine clerical duties as instructed, if essential to the research activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor's Degree in International Studies, International Affairs, Chinese Area Studies, Economics, Intelligence Studies, or similar, or a scientific or technical field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Upper-intermediate to advanced language proficiency in Chinese
- Experience conducting research in technical areas and/or in Chinese
- Experience conducting research as part of a team
- Experience with web-based research
- Strong writing skills with experience writing technical research reports
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong briefing skills with experience presenting material in a public forum
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player
- Master's Degree or current enrollment in a Master's program
- Experience with advanced military technologies
- Knowledge of Chinese political, military, and/or university systems
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Chinese culture
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit:
Apply on company website