Riverside Research's Contracts Group has an opening for a Senior Contracts Manager in our Crystal City, VA office. He/She will be responsible for cradle-to-grave experience with Federal Contracts, Grants, Subcontracts and Procurement related activities. The ideal candidate should have management, proposal, cost volume and day-to-day experience in contracts administration. This position requires independent judgment and identification, analysis and resolution of significant issues. Candidate will report directly to the Contracts Director, and may mentor and supervise one or more staff members.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines and personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Cradle to grave contracts management
• Cost and business management proposal preparation
• Review and negotiate terms of teaming and non-disclosure agreements
• Process task orders and modifications
• Compliance with contractual terms and conditions, flow down requirements
• Identification of risk items and resolve/mitigate with the company's best interests in mind
• Ensure contracts are in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, corporate policy and government regulations
• Subcontract Management
• Review and analysis of contracts/subcontracts from a business perspective to ensure favorable terms for the company
• Manage all subcontract issues & changes to contacts and ensure changes are communicated to the appropriate internal staff and subcontractors, as required
• Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
• Experience in Deltek Costpoint
• Procurement Integrity, Ethics Rules – Fraud, Waste & Abuse
• Knowledge of Contract Procurement Systems Review (CPSR)
• Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions.
• Ability to operate with minimal direction, develop solutions for a variety of moderately complex problems and capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
• Customer-focused with the capability to resolve moderately complex contracting issues with win-win solutions while meeting company requirements
• Experience with setting pre-negotiation objectives and the proven negotiating skills to define strategies, lead negotiations and realize those objectives
• Ability to lead, train and motivate program and department personnel in contract requirements and concepts
• Supervisory Experience managing employees in Contracts, Subcontracts and Procurement
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong desire to advance
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education
• 10-12 years' experience directly overseeing Federal government prime contracts and subcontracts
• Knowledge of and experience with FAR, DFARS, other agency supplements, and applicable U.S. laws and regulations
• Experience working with a variety of contract and subcontract types including Cost- reimbursement, FFP, T&M/LH, ID/IQs and others, some familiarity with grants helpful
• Ability to interact effectively with internal technical staff, peers, and management, as well as externally with customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong spreadsheet and word processing skills using Microsoft Office
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit:
Apply on company website