Who says you can't choose your family?
We believe in exceeding our employees' expectations by treating them like family and acknowledging them as our most valuable assets. We can't operate a great business without great people, and we take that seriously by showing our employees how much they mean to us every day.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to use the sum of your life's experiences and knowledge to expand a successful organization into a new facility, to stabilize that new creation and watch it grow. We provide a strong support staff that is ready to mentor and encourage our team members to grow with the organization in a fun and exciting atmosphere! Should you invest your career in a job so amazing you'll feel proud to be a part of every day?
Health Benefits, Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401K and Competitive Salaries.
“Traditions Spirits believes in exceeding employee and guest expectations by treating them like family and acknowledging them as our most valuable assets. Our success is measured by teamwork, growth, profitability and delivering legendary service to every guest, every time.”
Take orders and serve food and beverages to guests at tables in dining establishment. Ensures guest satisfaction, food quality, and cleanliness. Presents menus to guests and answers questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request. Is thoroughly knowledgeable in all aspects of the menu, ingredients, and prices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embodies Traditions Spirits Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Greet guests, escort them to their seats, and present them with menus and wine lists
- Take dining reservations
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Take orders from guests for food or beverages
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Inform guests of daily specials
- Check guests' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests
- Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Serve food and/or beverages to guests; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required
- Write guests' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff
- Describe and recommend wines to guests
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee, etc.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
- Clean tables and/or counters after guests have finished dining
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes
- Present bills, accept payments, operate cash register
- Prepare cash receipts after establishments close, and make bank deposits
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens, fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers, etc.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands when using restroom, etc.)
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience desired
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services; this includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction
- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving guests in restaurants and receiving guests
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be flexible in all situations based on business need
- Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at each restaurant
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Standing during entire shift
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes
- Lifts and carries supplies, tubs, and cases, weighing up to 30 lbs
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior restaurant work environment
- Noise level is moderate to high
- Moderate or high exposure to cigarette smoke
- Limited exposure to physical risk
- Moderate physical effort required
Apply on company website