At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Are you a Sr. Mechanical Engineer looking for a unique opportunity to utilize your creative and innovative engineering skills? Are you interested in working on ground-up projects in a clean sheet creative environment? We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join our team that engineers, manufactures and assembles ride systems, show action equipment, and animated figures for the high-end theme park industry. You will have the opportunity to work with our elite customer base to make the impossible, possible. You will do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the design, analysis, manufacturing and assembly of complex mechanical systems which may include composite structures and weldments. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the entire product development process including detail design, release, manufacturing, testing, installation and documentation. Projects will be focused on mechanical solutions with emphasis on materials selection, strength and fatigue design & calculation, as well as customer and industry standards adherence.
We are a rapidly growing department supporting the domestic and global expansion of the theme park industry. A self-starter who loves to be hands-on will make the most of this opportunity, located at our facility in Orlando, FL.
- Lead the design and release of assigned systems working within an integrated project team
- Perform structural, dynamic, and kinematic analysis, as appropriate, in support of project specific requirements
- Responsible for planning, estimating, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of engineering projects
- Provide timely, clear, concise communication to management, customers, partners, and team members about work status and impacts to project
- Provide engineering recommendations, with proposed actions and suggested priorities, for the resolution of operational and mechanical problems
- Prepare engineering test scopes, plans, and reports (e.g. Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing) as well as perform testing and writing of test reports
- Provide timely creation/review of engineering design, change, and release documents
- Accountable to maintain the technical aspects of engineering projects within allocated budget and schedule limits
- Bachelor's degree or higher engineering degree required. A master's degree or licensed PE preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a product development-related environment
- Able to communicate technical concepts in writing as well as through verbal communication
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-technical peers and management
- Experience with CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience with stress analysis to optimize fabricated structures
- Knowledge of complex mechanical systems such as hydraulics, pneumatics and electric motors/actuators
- Knowledge of welded joints and associated residual stress, distortion and related metallurgical processes
- Knowledge of bolted joints and the associated threaded fasteners
- Knowledge and understanding of design weldments and composite structures
- Awareness of basic control systems to enable some understanding of the interface with the customer's ride control system
- Must be a self-starter, detailed oriented, and have the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle several assignments simultaneously
- 15% domestic and international travel to client sites will be required
- Themed park industry experience
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website