OCPC, Orange County Printing, an RR Donnelley company, is hiring a bindery operator in Irvine, CA.
The Bindery Operator performs print jobs and sets up, maintains, and operates the bindery equipment used to create documents such as books, pamphlets, and magazines. The bindery operator needs to perform regular maintenance on the machines under their supervision to ensure they run smoothly.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine.
- Direct crew though all aspects of production.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Apply on company website