Assists in providing an uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies and services required to operate the organization and exceed customer expectations on a consistent basis.All job responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the company's Principles of Ethical Business Conduct.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Determines appropriate supplier's based on economics, quality, and service levels. Selects and orders merchandise from supplier representatives based on selection or demand for specific material or service.
- Investigates alternate sources of supply.
- Generates and proofs Purchase Orders and obtains appropriate approval.
- Contacts carriers to arrange transportation of purchases.
- Ensures vendor performance and compliance with Purchase Order specifications.
- Facilitates return of merchandise to supplier due to quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
- Keep inventory investment at a minimum.
- Maintains accurate files of Purchase Orders and Suppliers.
- Maintains Item Master integrity in the applicable on-line computer records.
- Ensures that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participates in and satisfactorily completes all required training for the assigned position.
- Provides input and recommendations to the Materials Manager to improve upon company operations as required to meet and exceed the ongoing needs of customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
Apply on company website