Prepare graphic files for print across all packaging print platforms while maintaining the integrity of the content art, design and brand. Responsible for image processing, including retouching, page makeup, file formatting, silhouettes, trapping, air brushing, color corrections and related operations. Create image proofs and make file revisions as needed. May create impositions to process jobs for press.
Excellent understanding of design and typography and the process of creating a publication through all its phases from concept through printing. Very good experience in Macintosh desktop publishing (including such software such as QuarkXpress, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator) is required. Demonstrated talent as a designer, including an understanding of the need to balance function and visual appearance to achieve successful communication. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Requires knowledge of complex, multi-faceted design techniques. Excellent knowledge of printing techniques and knowledge of production issues. Able to understand and compile cost estimates for creative projects. Excellent skill in operation of cutting edge technology to provide client with effective creative products and image files. Able to understand client requirement and solve highly technical design problems and meet expectations while remaining in budget for creative assignments.
- Receive and confirm all project required data is available, proactively requesting any missing components.
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Ability to work with different data formats to convert those into common format.
- Read instructions provided by the client and convert those into computer code.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Perform testing and debugging on programs created.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Analyzes results from USPS PAVE presorts to achieve best postage discounts.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Write documentation for ongoing or automation projects that will be used by junior programmers to run production jobs.
- Communicate with project management about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Lead and mentor other programmers.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Apply on company website