Company: RR Donnelley
Location: Irvine, CA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Advertising, Media
Orange County Printing (OCPC) is looking for a Material Handler to work in Irvine, CA.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or components.
- Responsible for laying up, feeding or piling down materials at equipment.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Complete skid flags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Work in a Production/manufacturing environment, Warehouse environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to move, arrange, unload and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery operator or supervisor.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled EmployerOther Duties: The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Kneeling/Crawling, Sitting , Stooping/squatting
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
Apply on company website