RRD is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multi-channel marketing and business communication. We offer you a unique opportunity to contribute to the reinvention of a global company that combines the strength of over 150 years of history with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. This is the place to be for ambitious professionals to grow quickly and truly make a difference.
The Plant Controller is responsible for providing financial support for Commercial Print plant. This is the lead Finance business partner role to the plant and their President. Key areas of responsibility include: month end close, financial reporting, variance analysis, working capital management (in conjunction with shared services), budgeting/forecasting and operations support. This position is located in Portland, Or.
This role supports a sales-driven manufacturing facility so the successful profile will demonstrate the ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with production and sales.
The Controller reports directly to the RRD Group Controller, and has dual accountability to the Plant President. This position is an important part of the financial talent pipeline and may serve as a feeder for larger regional roles as well as corporate roles.
Detailed Job Description and Responsibilities
Financial Reporting and Internal Controls:
- Implements RRD's policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP to ensure the safeguarding of assets and accuracy of financial information.
- Champions the effective operation of strong internal controls.
- Ensures the accounting records underlying the financial statements accurately and fairly reflect the transactions of the company.
- Prepares financial statements and monthly reporting package for Corporate Accounting. Provides thorough and complete support for variance analysis.
- Meets appropriate deadlines for monthly reporting.
- Reconciles all G/L Balance Sheet accounts on a timely basis and provides such information to corporate accounting personnel. Resolves reconciling items within 60 days.
- Oversees, directs, and evaluates financial management information (including production and accounting systems) and takes appropriate steps to ensure the security of all accounting records, computer programs & company records.
- Reports any fraud or illegal acts to Group Controller, Plant President or Corporate, as appropriate.Financial Analysis and Results
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (Labor % VA, DSO, DIOH, etc.) and works with Plant President to develop corrective actions as necessary.
- Manages the process of improving working capital.
- Reviews customer and job profitability to evaluate sales and production performance as well as the accuracy of the data.
- Prepares annual budgets as directed by the Platform Finance Team. Provides periodic forecasting to monitor progress toward achieving budget.
- Prepares models for capital investment.
- Participates in periodic evaluation and revision of budgeted hourly rates and manufacturing standards used for estimating & job costing.
- Develops tools to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both operations and strategy.
- Participates in strategic projects to support business goals.Accounting Oversight
- Ensures the billing process is completed on a timely, accurate basis in accordance with RRD's revenue recognition policies. Oversees related commission calculations in accordance with company commission plan.
- Oversees monthly physical inventory counts and is responsible for tracking/valuing all materials, work in progress, and finished goods at month end. Performs and documents review of inventory obsolescence in accordance with RRD policy.
- Understands risk management program, including types of business insurance coverage. Identifies and coordinates any business insurance claims. Supervision and Plant Management
- Participates in the overall management of the Plant. Provides appropriate financial information to Plant President and departmental managers to enable them to establish effect goals and monitor operating performance.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports about Plant financial status as appropriate.
- Supervises accounting and administrative personnel; ensures that job descriptions are current; employees are properly trained and effectively managed, including annual performance reviews.
- Demonstrates an interest in, and develops an appropriate understanding of the printing industry, our business strategies, and primary business processes.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of financial supervisory experience in a manufacturing profit center environment or previous Controller/Management experience in a manufacturing profit center environment.
- Proven management-level skills in financial reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting and inventory valuation, with strong track record of accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems. Knowledge of Essbase, Hyperion, and SAP preferred.
- Proficient in implementation of corporate financial practices, analysis of financial and operating information to facilitate decision making, and recommending actions to improve performance.
- Strong leadership, communication, and team building skills.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Apply on company website