Ensures conformance to internal and external quality standards and assists the customer, sales representatives, suppliers and division personnel with establishing achievable quality standards. Communicates customer expectations to staff, manufacturing personnel and suppliers.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Assists in establishing, promoting and coordinating lines of communication between the customer, sales representatives, suppliers and division personnel.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, vendors and division personnel regarding quality and production issues. Attends job production pre-planning meetings.
- Evaluates the input material on a job and guides the customers, helping them deliver material that will produce a high quality job.
- Performs press color approvals for both internal and external jobs.
- Assists in the development of procedures and techniques for reducing process variation and manufacturing delays.
- Assists manufacturing personnel in establishing standards of quality to be used and certifying that established company and industry standards have been met. Evaluates process output and supplied materials for compliance with established standards.
- Communicates with sales, customer service and the customer to resolve quality issues.
- Negotiate resolution of customer or manufacturing complaints.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the statistical process control program.
- May be responsible for ISO programs within the division. Duties include reviewing documents, preparing for audits, conducting audits, following up on implementation issues and training as it relates to ISO.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Administers the Document Control process as a function of the Quality System. Manages all aspects of the Engineering Change process within the site, including documentation updates and release, JDE product management system updates, and coordination of all required reviews and approvals. Administers corrective action process. Assists in administration of the Internal Audit process. Oversees all aspects of GTS documentation Procedures, Quality Records, etc. per ISO standards. Manages all Engineering Change processes for the site. Ensures all material specifications, drawings, artwork, are controlled and updated per ISO standards.
Apply on company website