Company: RR Donnelley
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Advertising, Media
- Load rolls of paper onto automatic splicing unit of web offset printing press.
- Inspect rolls of paper for blemishes or tears and cuts away damaged area with knife.
- Roll paper into loading position on automatic splicer, insert shaft of automatic splicer through roll core, secure holding chucks of automatic splicer to shaft ends, and thread paper through press components to prepare press for printing.
- Apply adhesive strip to backup roll and insert backup roll onto automatic splicing unit of press to prepare paper for automatic splicing.
- Remove roll of leftover paper from press after automatic splicing.
- May operate mechanical truck to transport rolls of paper to press area.
- May assist with some of the make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates, examining plates, prepping and installing blankets, adjusting tension etc.
- May clean press and clean and install press components to maintain press in working order.
- Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Apply on company website