RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform tasks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Answer phones promptly and courteously utilizing company procedures.
- Receive and respond professionally and courteously to all customer inquiries regarding service level changes, customer disputes, billing questions, cancellations, and new customer sign-up.
- Provide standard information regarding service options, charges, billing, and contract parameters.
- Discover customers' reason for cancelling service and attempt to retain customers.
- Process on-line data entry for residential and/or commercial accounts.
- Ensure customer concerns are understood and clearly explain resolution to the customer.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Log and record information onto customer account in computer.
- Resolve customer account issues and adjust accounts, as necessary, with verification from management.
- Process payments as necessary.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere with a culture of respect for others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to handle a heavy call volume in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications; AS400, and Lotus Notes applications experience, a plus.
- Must possess excellent customer service and data entry skills.
- General knowledge of office functions.
- Must work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team, to meet or exceed call center standard.
- Ability to identify issues, make decisions, and resolve problems.
- Must be able to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Ability to commit to a regular work schedule with excellent attendance, defined schedules where timed lunches and breaks are predefined.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1- 2 years call center or customer service experience preferred.
- Good typing skills, with the ability to type at least 50 words per minute with a 95% accuracy rate.
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable, but not required.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed answering phone and working on computer.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website