The Driver Trainee position trains side by side with the drivers to gain experience. Driver Trainees begin employment in a Trainee role while training to become a driver. The driving position is not guaranteed, although with acceptable work and completion of training, is likely. Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s)/customers with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site or recycling plant.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide waste or recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s) and hauling to disposal site.
- Clean up waste spills and overflows.
- Maintain and update route sheets/logs sheets.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing)
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain a class B CDL within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card within 10 days of employment.
- Must obtain class B CDL permit within 10 days of employment.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
- Drivers and Trainees are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights.
- The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
Apply on company website