Apprentices will receive training for performing preventative maintenance, detailed inspections, and repairs on the fleet. Training will be an individualized education program centered around performance and development. Focusing, on ensuring that our trucks are safe on the road. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions. Service technician Apprentices may be exposed to extreme weather conditions and shop environment, as well as traffic during road calls.
- Will receive training to perform repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Will receive training to perform detailed inspections, lubricate, and service vehicles and equipment as part of preventative maintenance.
- Will receive training to check, fill, and/or change appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts and check/change filters.
- Will receive training to perform detailed inspections on vehicle support systems, such as electrical, air, and brake systems.
- Will receive training to identify and perform repairs and adjustments to various components and operating systems on the vehicles, equipment or related components.
- Will receive training to ensure all safety devices on vehicles are in good working order.
- Assist senior experienced technicians with repairs, maintenance assignments and adjustments.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related tools, materials, shop and work areas.
- Professional interaction with internal, external customers, and coworkers.
- Engage in periodic assessments and meet the required metrics per individualized training program.
- Perform required administrative duties when necessary, such as cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as needed.
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to lift weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Good mechanical aptitude with interest in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles in and out of service area.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal, external customers, and coworkers.
- Flexibility to work within various environments found within a vehicle maintenance shop and receive hands on training from various technicians.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with email, Microsoft Office etc.
- Additional training may be administered based on specific work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while performing road calls.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website