Front Load drivers are responsible for servicing commercial customers on an assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site or recycling plant. Drivers will dump front-load containers utilizing the forks of the truck but may be required to pull or push containers from enclosures or inside buildings.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operates trucks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provides trash or recycling removal services to customers on an assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling containers into trucks and hauling them to a disposal site.
- Maintains and updates route sheets.
- Conducts pre-trip/post-trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintains and updates drivers' log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Service approximately 100 – 150 commercial customers per day.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to sitting, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, and lifting).
- Required to enter/exit the truck approximately 300-500 times per day.
- Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years CDL truck driving experience, front load truck driving preferred.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud a plus
- Strong understanding of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (or similar tools) for ETL
- Proficient in MS SQL Server (or similar relational databases like Oracle and PostgreSQL)
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and night shifts if needed.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website