The Glass Plant Lead is responsible for various aspects of the glass plant operation. This position operates equipment including, but not limited to front-end loaders, bobcats, and forklifts, as well as general labor duties. The Lead also assists with quality assurance testing of the glass products. This position is exposed to excessive dust, unpleasant odors and sights and weather elements.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized, as well as compliance with Lock Out Tag Out procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas according to type, size, condition, color, or paper grade.
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Report system problems immediately to management.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
- Dump boxes and containers of material into designated area(s).
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record.
- Perform safe driving practices while operating equipment.
- Maintain compliance regarding dust levels.
- Perform quality testing on finished glass product to assure customer expectations and requirements are achieved.
- Organize and secure the stored materials in accordance with policy.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections on equipment and complete necessary forms.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, (ie. lubricating, fueling and cleaning equipment) and assist maintenance/foreman with repairs.
- Monitor glass for signs of unacceptable material.
- Troubleshoot maintenance and quality issues through use of computerized system and glass production equipment.
- Professionally interact with internal and external customers.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including sitting, standing, reaching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing). Also, ability to withstand “bumpy” ride on equipment.
- Ability to maneuver equipment through tight areas and high equipment and pedestrian traffic.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in plant conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess good mathematical skills with experience using a calculator.
- Must pass a written and operational test to be licensed to operate forklift and bobcat.
- Basic computer experience, a plus.
- Ability to operate various types of equipment including heavy equipment preferred
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Previous experience operating equipment preferred.
- Recycling industry experience, a plus.
- Welding experience, a plus.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a material recovery facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to high pedestrian and equipment traffic.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recyclables.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website