Helpers assist drivers with providing safe, courteous, and complete waste removal for customers. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-500 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 600-1000 times per day. Residential Helpers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Provide waste or recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling receptacles into truck.
- Replace trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Clean sup waste spills and overflows
- Operate packing mechanism and various lever/handles on truck to activate lifting/loading mechanism.
- Assist Driver in safely backing up the truck by directing the Driver from outside the truck.
- May assist in unloading or cleaning truck.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers
- Perform job duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website