Housekeepers are responsible for general upkeep and cleanliness of the facility. Housekeepers will perform custodial duties around the facility, restrooms, etc. This position may also assist in other duties around the facility. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, lifting, kneeling, squatting, reaching, stretching, and working in awkward positions. Housekeepers may be exposed to unpleasant odors and sights and weather elements.
- Performs duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Cleans and maintains areas around the facility to remove dust and other debris.
- Performs general housekeeping of plant, restrooms, etc.
- Assists with minor repairs and general upkeep of facility.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Assists in other areas of the plant as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including lifting, carrying. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, and climbing). Ability to lift up to 60 pounds at least 10 times daily. Ability to walk continuously throughout the shift and climb ladders to cover all areas of responsibility.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Must have an eye for detail and place a heavy focus on dust remediation.
- Ability to use basic cleaning tools including but not limited to; brooms, shovels, mops, cleaning solutions, etc.
- Ability to follow both written and oral direction.
- Ability to work in various conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and fumes found in a shop environment.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling.
- Exposure to equipment traffic.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website