Hydraulic Technicians performs routine tear down, inspection, and assembly of hydraulic components. Performs mig/stick welding and torching. Duties also include repairs and adjustments. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions. Hydraulic technicians are exposed to extreme weather conditions and shop environment. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Perform welding on hydraulic components
- Utilize a cutting torch
- Perform tear down and inspection of hydraulic rod cylinders of all types.
- Measure all dimensions.
- Determine what repairs need to be made.
- Accumulate parts necessary for assembly.
- Assemble cylinders and test.
- Operate microfinish machine.
- Remove and install hydraulic components from vehicles.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to use micrometers, calipers and bore gauges.
- Perform accurate and consistent measurements with one thousandths of an inch.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and adjustments to various components.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related tools, materials, shop and work areas.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- May assist in other areas of the hydraulic shop as needed.
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to lift and carry weights exceeding 75 pounds.
- Good mechanical aptitude of hydraulic maintenance and repair.
- Minimum 3-5 years performing repair and maintenance on hydraulic components.
- Ability to safely drive service vehicles and vehicles in and out of service area.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Performs work in awkward positions.
- Intermittent exposure to work available hours or shifts.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website