General Laborers are responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of the facility grounds. Laborers may also perform custodial duties in the offices, maintenance shops, etc. This position may also assist in various lines of business. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, lifting, kneeling, squatting, reaching, stretching, and working in awkward positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Facility groundskeeping including but not limited to mowing, trimming, picking up paper/trash from facility grounds and surrounding areas.
- Operate various hand-held manual, electrical and gas-powered tools, and equipment.
- Maintain and ensure the safe operating condition of assigned equipment and tools according to company policy and OSHA.
- Pressure-wash and perform minor repairs to waste carts, bins, containers, and portable restrooms and prepare for delivery.
- Assist with the organization and distribution of waste carts and bins.
- Perform safe driving practices while transporting, loading, and unloading containers and bins.
- Assist with general housekeeping of maintenance shops and offices.
- Perform minor repairs and general upkeep of facility.
- Clean, prepare, and paint containers.
- Build, repair, and install erosion control such as silt fence and straw bales.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Assist in various lines of business, as needed. (i.e., helper on residential truck route).
- Performs duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including lifting, carrying. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, and climbing).
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Experience working with various hand tools and equipment.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in various conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and fumes found in a shop environment.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling.
- Exposure to equipment traffic.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website