*5,000 Sign on bonus*
The driver position is a physically demanding job. Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of acceptable materials to a recycling plant. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-500 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 600-1000 times per day. Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operate trucks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide recycling removal services to customers on an assigned route(s) by emptying recycling receptacles into the truck and hauling to the recycling plant.
- Replace recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Clean up spills and overflows.
- Maintain and update route sheets and maps.
- Conduct pre-trip/post-trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintain and update drivers' log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a clean truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred.
- Waste or recycling industry experience, a plus.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must have a clean criminal and driving history and be able to satisfy the company's driver qualification standards.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language.
Apply on company website