Roll Off drivers are responsible for servicing customers with the hauling of waste or construction debris to a disposal site. Drivers will deliver, remove, and haul roll-off containers to/from customers' sites. This position may require driving in congested and/or confined areas. This position will be required to enter/exit the truck several times per day. Drivers may also be required to climb to hook/unhook containers, move items to smooth the load, and secure tarps.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operates truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provides roll-off delivery and removal services to customers on an assigned route(s) or by work order.
- Maintains and updates route sheets.
- Conducts pre-trip/post-trip inspections and completes logs.
- Maintains and updates drivers' log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to sitting, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, and lifting).
- Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
- General knowledge of the mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or the ability to obtain one prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUIs or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website