Utility Drivers are responsible for servicing customers with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site or recycling plant. This position requires the ability to operate various types of trucks and be able to fill in for other drivers. Drivers will service many different routes in various areas and operate different trucks, so excellent driving/maneuvering skills are essential. This position may require driving in congested and/or confined areas. Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
- Operates all trucks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provides trash or recycling removal services to customers by emptying trash/recycling containers into truck and hauling to disposal site.
- May be required to pull or push containers from enclosures or inside buildings.
- Provides roll off delivery and removal services to customers on assigned route(s) or by work order.
- Delivers trash or recycling containers as needed.
- Replaces trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Cleans up waste spills and overflows.
- Maintains and updates route sheets.
- Conducts pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintains and updates drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to: sitting, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing and lifting).
- Ability to drive all types of trucks in fleet.
- Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Minimum 3 years CDL truck driving experience, experience driving a variety of trucks preferred.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions and/or tight driving areas.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website