RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies, and ensure same of others in department.
- Regularly communicate with management regarding the status of fleet vehicles, containers and/or other equipment.
- Service fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules and/or from driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR).
- Perform daily fleet tire inspections; repair and change tires on vehicles and equipment as necessary.
- Clean components and parts in preparation for maintenance or repair.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues and make necessary repairs, adjustments or replacements.
- Inspect, lubricate, and service vehicles and equipment.
- Complete adjustments, repairs, and component replacements to vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Check, fill, and/or change appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts and check/change filters.
- Inspect, repair and/or overhaul vehicle support systems, such as electrical, air, and brake systems.
- Perform roadside repairs and adjustments.
- Ensure all safety devices on vehicles are in good working order.
- Perform required administrative duties when necessary, such as cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related tools, materials, shop and work areas.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as needed.
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to lift and carry weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude of vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Minimum 3 years performing repair and maintenance on heavy trucks and diesel engine vehicles, equipment and related components.
- Experience using repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair vehicle or component failure.
- Waste industry experience preferred.
- Ability to safely drive service vehicles and vehicles in and out of service area, as well as test drive.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a CDL, class B or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment in this capacity.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while performing road calls.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website