- Performs all duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Performs all duties of the Industrial Maintenance Tech 1 and Tech 2.
- Tracks daily work performed via the TMT work tracking process.
- Addresses maintenance issues during plant operations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Makes diagnostic evaluations of some of the less complex equipment in the plant which includes conveyors and similar plant equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance such as inspecting VFDs, motors, gear boxes, belts, conveyors, bearings, checking fluid levels, replacing filters and other preventive maintenance actions.
- Continually monitors machinery and makes necessary adjustment(s) to ensure proper operation. Makes minor repairs to equipment such as replacing bearings and return rollers.
- Dismantles machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hand tools, and any necessary power tools.
- Performs typical repairs to the plant including gearbox, pulley and shaft and belt replacement.
- Performs lacing repairs to the belts throughout the plant.
- Tracks work performed via the conveyor cleaning preventive maintenance list.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Completes all paperwork and/or electronic updates as required.
- Regularly uses heavy industrial shop tools and equipment.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to recognize and avoid electrical hazards.
- Must be able to determine the correct tools or equipment to be used for various repairs.
- Must have the skills to properly use voltage test equipment and perform minor electrical repairs.
- Must be able to use metal working tools, mig welders, and touch sets.
- Must be able to stick weld.
- Must be able to lay out metal working projects.
- Must have an overall knowledge of the operation of the plant and the purpose of each piece of equipment in the plant.
- Ability to work in a team and assist in plant repairs.
- Ability to be trained to operate mobile equipment such as fork trucks, man-lifts and skid steer loaders.
- Ability to comprehend and follow LOTO policies and procedures.
- Must wear required PPE.
- Must have the skills to identify exposed energized electrical components and conductors
- Must have the skills to determine the nominal voltage of exposed energized electrical components and conductors
- Must understand and identify the applicable approach distance for the voltage in which they will be exposed (NFPA 70 E Tables)
- Must possess the decision making ability to determine the level of hazard, proper PPE and job planning to safely perform the task
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to obtain certificate to operate powered industrial lift trucks.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair or fabrication facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website