Welders are responsible for performing repair and maintenance on containers and/or the vehicle fleet. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform sanding, grinding, cutting, welding and other fabrication or repair work on company containers, compactors, and other equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Grinds metal parts after welding.
- Welds steel using Mig and Arc welding equipment.
- Fabricates steel components on containers.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing computer system.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices, and equipment.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Paints repaired and/or new containers.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- May assist in other projects or areas of the shop as needed.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Excellent welding and mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of MIG/ARC and stick welding.
- Cutting torch skills; ability to use plasma cutter.
- Knowledge of small shop tools.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- One (1) year welding and cutting experience or participation in or graduation technical training program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license, CDL preferred.
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair or fabrication facility.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website