The Area Senior Site Engineer serves as the technical support for the facilities they have been assigned. This support takes many forms, including identification and assistance with resolving compliance issues, management of technical consultants, technical liaison with regulatory agencies, preparation and management of permits, and management of technical aspects of construction activities from RFP preparation through certification of the work.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Manage the Site Engineers in the assigned Area and the Area Industrial Waste Manager.
- Supervise production of all internally produced engineering designs, CAD drawings, construction plans, and GPS files.
- Daily supervision of the site.
- Peer review of 3rd party engineering designs and drawings.
- Coordinate utilization of Rumpke Corp staff for facility engineering and construction projects.
- Perform facility planning and budgeting to meet operational goals and environmental compliance.
- Oversee permitting for the assigned facilities.
- Evaluate bid documents.
- Monitor construction schedules.
- Serve as a liaison with governmental agencies, employees, and internal customers.
- Prepare regulatory correspondence & submittals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering and Environmental Affairs.
- Ability to communicate well with facility personnel, governmental agencies, and other department personnel.
- Ability to manage subordinates.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of CADD and GPS software and field applications.
- Knowledge of solid waste regulations is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Ten years experience in Civil Engineering or landfill design/permitting.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Primarily office environment, but some travel is required to Rumpke locations in a shop or landfill environments which may be noisy and dusty, with exposure to residential, commercial, and special waste and potential exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Must produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website