The AP Verifier is responsible to validate the information in the system is accurate to the image along with processing the daily mail and scanning. The validation requires a high degree of accuracy along with speed in performing the work. If an invoice is not able to be processed by the system, the Verifier will reach out to the vendor for a clean copy of the invoice and process.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Opens and processes AP daily mail both paper and electronically by scanning documentation/invoices into the system
- Perform the unity separator tasks to link multi-page invoices electronically together
- Verify the invoice image with data pulled, validating accuracy of the data and clarity of the image
- Call vendors if any invoices is rejected by the system or is not scan-able or readable by the system to obtain a clean copy and process the invoice
- Balances and maintain workload with minimal supervision while adhering to departmental policies, procedures and position/department performance standards.
- Provides team coverage and prepare documentation for audits or special projects
- Alerts Management on potential delays or issues
- Produces updates, emails, and other communication in a clear and effective manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED required. Must have strong data entry and data verifying skill set resulting in a high degree of accuracy and speed. Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, possess good communication (written and verbal) skills.
Work Environment/ Hazards:
Work is performed in a fast-paced and challenging office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Requires prolonged sitting and computer use; requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports.
Work Contact Groups:
Facilities, vendors and 3rd party organizations.
This position is not benefits eligible.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website