- The Patient Access Manager oversees the daily operations of the departments in the area to which they are assigned, ensuring a timely and efficient patient throughput process while providing excellent customer service.
- The Manager provides oversight of the team(s) to ensure that policies and procedures are followed and ensures that the work done by the staff is accurate and meets regulatory and policy standards.
- The Manager provides leadership support to the department staff to ensure that job functions are completed in a timely and efficient manner with the objective to obtain financial security on patient accounts.
- Works with the Patient Access Director to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all staff functions and processes within the department(s).
- Enforces compliance with all departmental policies and procedures in conjunction with the goals and mission statement of the organization.
- Supervises staff and assures all issues are addressed and patients are registered appropriately without delay.
- Ensures that the staffing allocations are coordinated for timely completion of job functions.
- Completes regular assessment of the department to identify issues and develop processes for improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring all key performance indicators and creating action plans when goals are not met.
- Responsible for initiation and verification of authorizations for scheduled patient services when necessary
- Reviews and recommends any changes to departmental policies.
- Provides oversight to ensure that the department functions are completed timely, accurately and in a positive manner.
- Communicates issues and policies to all staff members as it relates to department and ancillary areas
- Responsible for the education of all staff and must assure all registration staff is competent and recertified yearly on mandatory education.
- Monitors and act upon all aspects of the Patient Access Department registration functions through the assessment, analysis of reports and related documents.
- Creates, implements and monitors action/work plans designed to improve metrics
- Achieves expected results and outcomes without compromising RWJBH core values, processes or procedures
- Provides clear communication and expectations for staff around KPI s and goals.
- Responsible for reviewing all patient complaints reported by the team or via the Verge System.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and a positive demeanor in working with patients, employees and other organizational staff.
- Responsible for the coaching and development of all staff performing these functions and assisting in implementing short and long-term plans and objectives to improve customer service and collect quality information
- Delegates and prioritizes work assignments in relation to the patient s needs and staff s competence.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of patient accounts, authorization requests, billing edits, and charge entry which includes monitoring and tracking productivity via daily reports.
- Informs staff of System updates and is responsible for providing any/all pertinent information related to registration issues.
- Utilizes necessary systems to review daily alerts, address system errors and requesting system rules in order to improve registration accuracy.
- Operates with a high degree of autonomy and authority while working within the framework of RWJBH philosophy and policies.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep abreast of the latest trends in hospital/department/administration services.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required; College Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Patient Access leadership experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Patient Access experience
- Knowledge in all aspects of registration, Insurance Verification, Authorization requirements, Non-Federal and Federal billing regulations, and state programs such as Charity Care.
- Medical terminology and computer skills
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website