- Performs all duties related to the pre-registration, registration, and financial clearance processes for all patients (emergency, ambulatory and in-patients).
- Responsible for collecting proper data to insure hospital bills will be paid by a third party payer or the patient.
- Provides front-door customer service to patients and orients patients to the registration/admission process.
- Performs scheduling functions of new and follow-up patients and discharges patients accordingly.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and reconciling patient liabilities on a routine basis.
- Corresponds with Supervisor/Manager on operational issues as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years in Admitting / Registration or hospital billing experience, or working knowledge of registration, insurance, and billing requirements.
- Possesses background in medical terminology and experience with medical insurance.
- Maintains ability to quickly assess and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Detailed and quality oriented with strong problem solving and the judgment to interpret data and take appropriate action in circumstances and situations which vary.
- Equivalent relative experience dealing with the public is required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivelent required.
NEWARK BETH ISRAEL MEDICAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website