REGISTERED NURSE - LONG TERM CARE
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
What You'll Do:
- Provide rehabilitative nursing care for pediatric patients and their families.
- Demonstrates evidence of use of the nursing process within time frames defined by the hospital and departmental policy. Recognizes and accurately identifies patient and family healthcare needs.
- Plans, implements and evaluates pediatric rehab plans for patients with a variety of problems. Begins to plan and implement pediatric rehabilitation rationales.
- Implements appropriate and individualized patient and family education within time frames defined by hospital and departmental policy. Begins planning and implementing patient and family education.
- Understands the importance of the interdisciplinary process. Functions as a rehab nurse in a team structure. Promotes continuity of nursing care and interdisciplinary interventions.
- Incorporates LPNs and nursing assistants into attainment of short term goals and delegates appropriately.
- Recognizes and respects patient|family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive environment of care.
- Requests guidance from CNII, III, and other resources when appropriate. Supports hospital s policies and procedures.
- Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs through self evaluation. Exhibits consistent professional behavior and is accountable for actions with regard to professional issues.
- Guides, assists and serves as a role model for, LPNs, nurse externs, nursing assistants, nursing students and new staff.
- Assumes the role of relief charge nurse. Keeps nursing supervisor informed of patient needs and problems. Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
What Makes You Qualified:
- Graduate of National League of Nursing Accredited School of Nursing.
- 0-6 months nursing experience.
- Pediatric and | or rehabilitative nursing experience preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
- Current NJ RN License.
- Evidence of interpersonal skill and ability to collaborate with others.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website