REGISTERED NURSE - FLOAT
Floats between: Toms River, Egg Harbor, New Brunswick, Hamilton, and Monmouth (upon site opening)
Who We Are:
Children s Specialized Hospital, a member of the RWJBH Healthcare System, is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
We have a current opening for an RN who will float to our northern NJ outpatient sites. Come join our team of exceptional clinical employees!
To coordinate and administer nursing care in the medical practices for children with special needs and medical complexity. The nurse provides clinical care and oversight for medical service including but not limited to patient|family education, vaccine administration, point of care testing, patient triage and office evaluation. The nurse collaborates with internal and external care providers to ensure continuum of care is delivered within a patient and family centered, team-based model consistent with the values and mission of Children s Specialized Hospital. Provide coverage to ACC practices within designated region, as assigned by supervisor based on need.What You'll Do:
- As a floater, will travel within designated region to provide nursing coverage during planned/unplanned leaves of absences, education trainings, and extended illnesses.
- Provides clinical oversight for the duties of the medical assistant and provides competency as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in caring for children with special needs including those with technology dependence and medical complexity.
- Performs patient scheduling and other clerical duties as necessary.
- Performs and oversees competency and quality assurance for office-based point of care testing.
- Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs through self-evaluation.
- Exhibits consistent professional behavior and is accountable for actions with regard to professional issues.
- Maintains required and relevant licensure and educational credits as required by external and departmental standards.
- Participates in Hospital Committees related to Nursing.
- Performs functions for EE Health when needed.
- Oversees flow and function of practice operations as needed.
- Ensures clinical staff coverage for site practice(s) by identifying coverage resource and maintaining coverage calendar
- Demonstrates evidence of use of the nursing process to meet patient and family health care needs in the primary care and medical specialty setting. Performs and documents nursing care according to hospital and departmental policy.
- Implements appropriate and individualized patient and family education within time frames defined by Practice guidelines or Provider directives, hospital and departmental policy.
- Provides patient education on diagnosis and symptoms, medication management and behavioral modification as directed by provider.
- Understands the importance the interdisciplinary process. Promotes continuity of nursing care and interdisciplinary interventions.
- Displays competency in obtaining and interpreting the patients behavior based upon an understanding of cognitive and biophysical processes.
- Displays an understanding of the developmental needs of the patient when planning and implementing services.
- Performs and manages vaccination administration, ordering, education and reporting in line with external and internal standards.
- Recognizes and respects patient| family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive environment of care.
- Performs and documents effective phone and live clinical triage of patients.
- Performs Medication refill and authorizations as needed.
BSN Preferred. Experience with medical technology and medically complex children is preferred.
Current New Jersey RN license.
AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website