Safety is our number one priority and our Security Departments are at the forefront of our System s efforts.
RWJBarnabas Health Security Officers are instrumental in maintaining a safe and secure environment for our employees, patients, physicians, students, vendors and visitors by monitoring and patrolling our facilities. Officers demonstrate exceptional customer service while providing assistance with disruptive incidents, emergency services, personal protection and traffic/parking control.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Protect life, property, information and reputation by employing situational awareness; monitoring and securing designated entrances/exits; observing flow of employees, patients, physicians, students, vendors and visitors into the facility; verifying credentials and providing directions to authorized areas.
- Evaluate and respond in a timely manner to events and incidents in accordance to System policies.
- Respond immediately, or as the appropriate, to emergency/unusual situations including disturbances, disruptive employees, patients, vendors & visitors, fires and medical emergencies (i.e. including, but not limited to restraining agitated patients in accordance to System policy).
- Investigate incidents, prepare and submit all required documentation according to RWJBH policies and procedures.
- Control and regulate pedestrian and vehicle traffic, when volume and events require, in an orderly and safe manner.
- Enforce facility access control policy and parking regulations.
- Operate and maintain facility vehicles in accordance with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Provide safety escorts and assistance to employees, patients and visitors.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
- One (1) year customer service or security experience or prior law enforcement, military service strongly preferred
- Valid New Jersey Driver s License (eligible to be covered by RWJBH insurance carrier)
- Keyboarding/data entry skills; experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. verbal, written)
- Bilingual (dependent upon facility) strongly preferred
- Handle with Care (Best) course completion within sixty (60) days from date of hire
- Must be able to lift independently up to 50 pounds or up to 75 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to remain stationary for up to 8 hours. In addition the person in this position must have the ability to walk throughout facility between 6 8 hours per day dependent upon shift.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder or stairs
- Must be able to hear at least 40 decibels in either ear with our without hearing aid
- Dependent upon shift, must have the ability to work outside in inclement weather (i.e. rain, snow, extreme temperatures)
- Must meet required safety equipment requirements such as N95 respirator
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website