Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatric, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area, and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Unit Clerk to assist in the planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area. Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing or delegate, the incumbent will also be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- Alert nursing staff to new medical orders and test/procedural results.
- Identify the correct patient charts and reports before filing; verify that all information is correct, and take corrective action when necessary (plate, face sheet, ID band, etc). Ensure accuracy at all times.
- Assist nurses by picking up and delivering, specimens, medications, charts, requisitions, etc. to different departments, as requested.
- Call in consultations within appropriate time frame, complete consult sheet, and places on medical record.
- Confer with RN regarding scheduling of patient activities and tests when necessary; consistently follow up on written and oral instructions; promptly reports matters requiring immediate nursing intervention.
- Correctly comply with national patient safety goals and applicable policies as appropriate to scope of practice.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology; ask questions to clarify misunderstandings.
- Demonstrate the 4C s of Commitment, Compassion, Competence and Communication.
- Document patients allergies in appropriate forms.
- Ensure a safe environment in aspects of care, equipment, and treatment.
- Enters discharge status of patients timely to facilitate bed availability and decrease associated delays.
- Keep medical record complete and in order. Add order sheets and progress notes. Ensure all parts of the medical record are properly identified by use of addressograph or patient label.
- Keep unit supplied with all necessary stationery and other supplies at all times. Participate in economical utilization of supplies and equipment and order supplies as necessary with cost awareness.
- Maintain communication with Admitting Department and cooperate with room assignments
- A High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum one-year knowledge of medical terminology.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website