Monmouth Medical Center (MMC) is one of New Jersey's largest community teaching hospitals, where physicians and employees work as a team dedicated to academic and clinical excellence and comprehensive, compassionate patient care. As part of RWJ Barnabas Health, Monmouth Medical Center is a leader in designing unparalleled new ways for delivering health care.
For over 130 years, Monmouth Medical Center has been the leader in central New Jersey in providing the best in health care and the latest in medical technology to nearly 1 million residents that comprise its primary service area of Monmouth County, and portions of Ocean and Middlesex counties. Monmouth Medical Center is recognized as a Top Teaching Hospital by The Leapfrog Group, which is widely acknowledged and underscores the highest commitment to patient safety and quality. MMC is the only hospital in Monmouth and Ocean counties to receive an A Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group, the nation s leading experts on patient safety, for six consecutive rating periods. We continue to lead the system in HCAHPS scores, and are looked to as a model for best practice in patient satisfaction.
Summary of Job Function: The unit nurse leader enhances the unit s ability to achieve top performance for quality measures, patient safety, and employee and patient satisfaction indicators. Through daily interaction and ongoing mentoring of unit staff members the unit leader assists staff in their ability to prioritize and focus on these critical elements.
The NURSE LEADER serves as a leader, mentor and consultant to the healthcare staff; s/he demonstrates both analytical and creative approaches to management of complex patient care and serves as a clinical resource for nursing and ancillary staff. As a change agent, the NURSE LEADER promotes an environment that embraces knowledge, innovation and improvement.
The NURSE LEADER, as a member of the expanded team, promotes patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention and wellness, based on the patient s goals.
The NURSE LEADER refines data systems to identify trends and opportunities for improvement; s/he facilitates practices that are in compliance with Core Measures and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey.
- Bachelors in Nursing
- ACLS & BLS certified
- Must be certified from an approved facility or completion of requirements within 90 days of hire for:
- Telemetry Certified
- Intravenous therapy
- Successful completion of all orientation programs
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and transformational leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; proven track-record of successful meeting goals / deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new software and information systems.
- Active participation in pertinent local, state and national organizations.
- Meets requirements as defined by applicable Department Specific Equipment Competency Checklist.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Employment Opportunity
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website