Overview of Position
The EMT Educator s primary responsibility will be supporting, coordinating, and conducting Emergency Medical Technician initial, renewal and continuing education classes that meet N.J.A.C. 8:40A guidelines. The educator will support classes that are held at any of the RWJBarnabas Campuses or RWJBarnabas sponsored offsite locations that are scheduled by the department. The educator will providing oversight to assure that the program content and instructional program complies with the standards and guidelines set forth in the program curriculum. The educator will maintain student records, evaluations, and program examination results. The educator may assist, in but not limited to, AHA programs, nursing competencies, mock codes, high school health programs, school mock codes, hands only CPR events, health fairs, and other community events.
- Arrives on time to scheduled classes as listed on electronic scheduling system.
- Provide oversight to assure that the program content and instructional program complies with the standards and guidelines set forth in the program curriculum.
- Prepares training equipment and classroom prior to the scheduled start time of class.
- Maintain a positive affective presence while conducting educational programs to outside customers, employees, and co-workers.
- Conducts all programs to the accrediting agency s standards.
- Completes course paperwork at the conclusion of class and submits rosters electronically prior to the completion of the workday.
- Maintain all training equipment and completes any daily reports or department checklist as outlined by the Director
- Provider constructive feedback while maintaining a positive affective presence.
- Assist at AHA programs, nursing competencies, mock codes, high school health programs, school mock codes, hands only CPR events, health fairs, and/or other community or system events.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- Standing, walking, running, sitting and stooping, kneeling, bending/twisting, reaching, grasping
- Communications (talking, writing and hearing), far vision (100 feet or more), near vision (10 inches or less)
- Carrying up to fifty pounds of equipment up to half a mile on uneven ground
- Safely lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling equipment up to 100lbs on their own or 200lbs with assistance
Mental Requirements of the Position:
- Handle a significant number of stressful situations and be able to function calmly, coolly and collectedly during those times
- Get along well with other personalities
- Communicate with patients and others with empathy and respect
- Create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
- Work smoothly and professionally in an environment where teamwork is essential
- Analyze and interpret difficult and complex patient care and personnel situations
- Work independently with minimal supervision for assigned tasks
- Anticipate and identify problems and take initiative to prevent or correct them
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of medical personnel within RWJBH and with all other outside agencies
- Works effectively within a command structure
- Appropriately deals with stress and maintains composure when encountering serious injuries or illnesses
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Effective communication, oral and written skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Read, write and speak English as well as add, subtract and do simple math equations
- Ability to express effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Thorough knowledge of N.J.A.C. 8:40A guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of the theories, objectives, principles and techniques of basic life support for EMS
- Computer literacy
- Possession of an Bachelor s degree preferred
- Must possess and maintain current NJDOH EMT Instructor certification/license
- Must possess current AHA BLS Provider CPR certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver s license
- Special Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Driver s license record check and criminal background check
- Minimum of 3 year experience as an EMT
Applicants will be required to submit to a medical examination, drug testing, TB testing or Hepatitis vaccinations prior to and during employment at the expense of RWJBarnabas Health.
The EMT Educator is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the RWJBH privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a healthcare provider. Failure to comply with the RWJBH Policies and Procedures on patient privacy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Apply on company website