Job ID: 2019-75195
If you are an engaging, charismatic leader who enjoys overcoming challenges and can successfully drive culture change, this very well may be the role for you! We're currently hiring an Ops leader who is focused on the customer, on their employees, and on their continued career growth. With so many of our leadership team having been promoted through this role in our Fortune 500, 80+-year-old company, this opportunity will present you with a great chance to build a stellar career, where the sky could truly be the limit (or at least lead to Dir/VP/P type roles in the future – with time and wins of course).
As our Senior Operations Manager (internally titled “Senior Logistics Manager”) you will be immediately responsible for a large customer site. You will manage and improve the services we provide to our customer while you develop and implement valuable customer performance measurements.
Importantly, you will have Profit and Loss responsibility (previous experience running a P&L is desired, but we'll also consider you if this is the next step in your development).
You will be responsible for leading, guiding, educating and directing your onsite leadership team (consisting of 1 operations manager, 2 Supervisors, 3 Clerks, 40 to 50+ warehouse professionals onsite) to be highly effective in a Lean culture as you will have day-to-day responsibility of Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Control, continuous improvement and metric capturing.
Also, we realize that you may currently have a “director” title in your current organization but fit into this role. We're not really all that into titles here at Ryder, so we hope you won't hesitate to apply. Worst case scenario, you might not be right for this role but will start a great relationship with us that leads to a great match in the future!
Bottom line: If you are an engaging, charismatic leader who enjoys overcoming challenges and can successfully drive culture change, this very well may be the role for you!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Organizational Development, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- A minimum of 5 (five) years Transportation/Logistics experience required
- A minimum of 3 (three) years supervisory experience required
- A minimum of 2 (two) years P and L responsibility required
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word such as keyboard short cuts, creating macros, merge, merge queries, templates, table techniques, and working with images and text
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management and analysis
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Power Point such as inserting charts, graphs and tables, animation and multimedia, customizing slide shows with hyperlinks, drawing and working with objects, speaker notes and meeting notes, and advanced presentation features
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations
- Must possess exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage profit and loss statements is necessary
- Capable of interacting effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast paced just-in-time cross dock delivery environment
- Some Business Development experience preferred
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving or transportation preferred
- Management of one or more customer accounts, lifecycle, and extending existing products where feasible, safety issues, profit and loss responsibility, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business or product category, and day-to-day customer interface and operation of on-site manager
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website