Safety-Kleen is seeking a Director of Strategic Business Development - National Accounts, to drive significant long-term business growth by identifying and helping secure new, high value commercial contracts with large strategic customers in the Passenger Car, Commercial & Industrial Sectors, in line with our overall Lubricants Strategy.
Responsibilities of the Director of Strategic Business Development - National Accounts:
- Working with Senior Sales, Strategy & Marketing Leaders, identify suitable National Account Prospects that enable Safety-Kleen to achieve significant growth of its Branded and/or Private Label Lubricants and other core Lines of Business. Across North America.
- Develop high level relationships within key customer contacts in order to strengthen executive ties between Safety-Kleen Oil and National Account prospects; gain access to improved executive relationships at the VP level and higher that enable us to win new, high value commercial contracts.
- Penetrate complex organizational structures with target customers, building relationships at senior levels to identify broad strategic needs & opportunities that Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen have the potential to address.
- Work with Marketing, Pricing, Operations, Technology, Strategy & Sales across Clean Harbors to develop customized and differentiated value propositions that enable the Sales Teams to progress deals through the Sales Pipeline.
- Work with Finance and Pricing to develop models that evaluate specific deal economics. Communicate deal reviews effectively to Sales & Senior Management for approval.
- Collaborate with, and provide guidance to, the Sales & Operations Managers potentially associated with the strategic accounts. Work with Sales and related personnel to retain/grow business, expand revenue and cross-sell new LOB's into strategic account locations.
- Develop, maintain and communicate KPIs and dashboards that effectively measure Business Development progress and visibly translate into increased sales activity within the target sectors.
- Maintain company and contact information, and document all sales calls, customer visits, and business opportunities in CRM.
Requirements of the Director of Strategic Business Development – National Accounts:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Management is required.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or other business function is preferred.
- 7+ years of Lubricants experience required.
- Proven network of relationships within the Industry.
- Ability to work with a variety of managers, each with different skills and personalities.
- Proven ability to think strategically and broadly in the development of customized and differentiated value propositions that address customer needs and challenges.
- Excellent relationship-building & negotiating skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to influence without direct management responsibility.
- Strong background in disciplined sales process management.
- Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- 50%+ travel required
Safety-Kleen, a Clean Harbor's Co., has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK. ™
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.
Safety-Kleen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Apply on company website