The purpose of this role is to act as an Informatics Technical Expert and Business Partner for the Research and Non-Clinical Development Teams and be responsible for identifying, implementing, and managing new and existing informatics capabilities and services. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-level of scientific and technical expertise and have a proven track record of working with internal and external stakeholders by actively listening and incorporating diverse input to deliver objectives within agreed time frames and budgets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with the Research and Non-Clinical Development stakeholders to support the group with all scientific software requirements.
- Work with internal research teams to understand and gather requirements and develop strategic solutions.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for all Research Informatics applications and initiatives.
- Understand IT strategies, policies, standards, and work practices to effectively implement them with scientific colleagues.
- Configure and be the principal user and administrator of applicable research informatics systems (chemistry and biology electronic lab notebooks, data repository, data analysis tools, sample management tracking system, etc.).
- Implement and support scientific computer applications using API's, web services and scripting languages to configure on-premise and cloud applications that will support drug discovery research.
- Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data. Test, implement, and support new workflows, database components, and data sharing pipelines to on- and off-site databases.
- Identify, investigate, problem-solve, troubleshoot, and escalate issues appropriately
- Maintain chemistry registration system, manage sample inventory and assay workflows.
- Manage data warehouse and visualization technologies.
- Provide training to others and document database changes and procedures.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a LIMS/research informatics environment.
- Experience writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and strong understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with managing applications such as Dotmatics Browser, Vortex, Chemistry ELN and registration systems.
- Experience with data processing and analysis software like Pipeline Pilot and visualization tools like Spotfire is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with IDBS (E-Workbook) template development process.
- Experience with integrating information flow between different systems (APIs, R, Python, Java, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team, fulfill commitments and practice efficient time management.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills required.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow Through Learning & Change and Work Fun.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with busy, high performing colleagues.
- Proactive and positive approach.
- Be flexible to adapt to changing program needs in real time.
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Sage Therapeutics, Inc.
Apply on company website