Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
Position will currently manage one Associate Director plus 1-2 consultants and will be responsible for designing and growing a CMC team as needed
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as Head of Regulatory CMC. As the leader of Regulatory CMC, overall responsibility for regulatory CMC activities supporting the development and commercialization of Sage's products, with a focus on developing and implementing CMC regulatory strategies. Will need to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to develop and implement strategies to support product approval in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Preparation and review of CTD Module 3, QOS and other CMC documents in support of regulatory filings
- Regulatory review and approval of cGMP documentation
- Regulatory CMC Lead for regulatory interactions
- Manage and ensure compliance with all reporting requirements, including annual and periodic reports
- Act as primary regulatory representative at internal meetings, such as governance meetings, as well as at meetings with business partners and regulatory agencies for all CMC related issues
- Assess and communicate CMC regulatory requirements to ensure all development activities are in compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines
- Mentor and establish development plans for Regulatory CMC staff in addition to managing contract staff
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, ability to identify issues and raise to key stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations
- 10+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs related to development of pharmaceuticals with a minimum of 4 years in Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) regulatory environment, CNS experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science in a scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related pharmaceutical science), advanced degree preferred
- Established working knowledge of regulatory guidelines and regulations (US and international).
- Regulatory experience working on small molecule drug development programs.
- Strong knowledge of eCTD elements and structure and regulatory writing skills.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time at the sole discretion of Sage.Employment Type: Employee Number of Openings: 1 Job ID: R000508 #Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Sage Therapeutics, Inc.
Apply on company website