SAIC is seeking a Computer Network Defense / Incident Response Analyst to work onsite with our customer in Quantico, VA.
The CND Analyst shall identify, collect, and analyze network and host data, and report events or incidents that occur or might occur within a network to mitigate immediate and potential network and host threats.
The individual shall perform computer network defense (CND) incident triage, to include:
- Determining urgency, and potential impact;
- Identifying the specific vulnerability; and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation,
- Perform initial, forensically sound collection of images and inspect to determine mitigation/remediation on enterprise systems;
- Perform real-time computer network defense (CND) incident handling (e. g., forensic collection, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) task to support Incident Response Teams, receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts, and track and document computer network defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution
- Employ defense-in-depth principles and practices, collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and Trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- Assist with analysis of actions taken by malicious actors to determine initial infection vectors, establish a timeline of activity and any data loss associated with incidents.
- Provide expert technical support to enterprise-wide CND technicians to document CND incidents, correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and to make recommendations enabling remediation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Cyber Security/Computer Information or Information Systems.
- Must have 10 years of recent work experience in Incident Response.
- Must have an IAT Level III certification (CISSP, GCED, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCIH)
- Experience using various incident response tools (e.g., Acunetix, Adobe, Cobalt Strike, FireEye, Fluke Networks Air Magnet, F-Response, Encase Guidance Software, IDA Pro, McAfee Advance Threat Defense, Network Miner Pro, Palo Alto, Burp Suite Professional, Metasploit Rapid 7, Red Seal, Splunk, VMWare, Domain Tools, Virus Tools, Microsoft Products, Operating Systems (e.g., Windows OS 2008 and 2012; Linux)
- Experience with programming tools such as Python, PowerShell and also able to develop Scripts with Scripting languages/tools.
- Experience monitoring external data sources (e.g., computer network defense vendor sites, Computer Emergence Response Teams, SANS, Security Focus), update the CND threat condition, and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Experience analyzing log files, firewalls, firewall logs, and intrusion detection systems and IDS Logs to identify possible threats to network security, and to perform command and control functions in response to incidents.
- Experience on a Cyber Protection Team, DoD/US CERT or other USG Red Team.
- Experience with Big Data Platform, AI, and or Machine Learning.
- Candidate must currently possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance and be able to obtain a Polygraph.
Apply on company website