SAIC is seeking a Senior Windows Engineer to support our Government customer from Vienna, VA.
The Senior Windows Engineer is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of the Windows platform, including architecture management of the Active Directory environment.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated enterprise in maintaining large quantities physical and virtual servers, multi-domain forests, and hybrid cloud environments.
The duties include, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Windows environments. The candidate will have demonstrated experience mentoring more junior members of the team. The candidate should be able to be a leading contributor on large projects, be a self-starter, and able to work and operate in a collaborative environment.
- Daily administration of the Windows platform including troubleshooting performance degradation or outages.
- Develop large project plans such as a plan to facilitate transition to O365 for all enterprise users, a project to adopt Android devices into our mobile device offering, or a plan to push the latest version of Windows 10 to all enterprise clients via zero-touch deployment.
- Contribute to the design, and management of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and other Windows core services.
- Building server ‘Gold' images to conform to customer standards, to include hardening, and security compliance.
- Perform enterprise level system upgrades of AD, operating systems, applications, and other tools, including evaluation and installation of new products, and MS and other application patches.
- Develop more junior engineers and administrators to perform more advanced system administration and document best practices.
- Manage Service Level Agreements, documentation, and policy/procedure compliance for IT systems related to virtualized, and Windows environments.
- Experience creating and managing scripts to perform tasks with PowerShell is a plus.
- Participate in after-hours requests that respond to business emergencies (on-call rotation)
- Provide recommendations to senior management for areas of opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership of the VMware environment.
- Work with Application developers and seasoned application administrators to establish virtual machine memory, CPU, and storage requirements that adhere to basic principles of topology, such as NUMA boundaries.
- Resolve escalated issues from the IT Service Desk and Tier III administrators
- Proactively monitor servers to anticipate and mitigate problems.
QualificationsBachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant experience. Additional work experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Required Experience/Skills/Attributes
- Able to create and manage solutions at enterprise level using GPOs, Scripting and other tools.
- Skilled at decomposing requirements and developing a solution to document in to a formal project plan.
- Able to manage multiple projects and or efforts.
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to monitor and respond to system issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a Mid-size to Large environment
- Ability to manage own projects and solutions on time.
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills, strong sense of ownership, and a can do attitude
- US citizenship required and must obtain Public Trust clearance prior to starting work
- MCP desired, but not required – Must be open to obtaining certification if additional experience is necessary.
- Understanding of Privileged Access Manager PAM solutions and associated tools.
- Understanding of Identity & Access Mgmt systems i.e. Acronis, SailPoint and CyberArk
- Working experience administering MS Exchange
- BigFix experience a Plus.
- Practical scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes
- Management and development of monitoring tools, such as Zenoss is a plus
- Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
- Virtualization experience with products like VMware vSphere.
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability of hardening the Windows operating system to security standards and benchmarks, such as the DISA STIG, or CIS Benchmarks.
Apply on company website