SAIC is looking for a Systems Administration professional to lead a team on the Korean Peninsula providing Mission Command Network Operations and Maintenance services to organizations and users serviced by the United States Army Command Information Systems Activity – Pacific (USACISA-P). This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Korea.
The position requires an understanding of Army C4IM services and Systems Operations. Under general direction, responsible for activities related to system administration and coordination with USACISA-P staff for day-to-day activities and implementing updates and modernization projects for systems and services. Assigns personnel to various projects, directs their activities, and evaluates their work. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of USACISA-P. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software and Operating Systems (OS). Implements OS enhancements that will improve the reliability, cybersecurity and performance of the systems, software, and services. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). This position in designated Mission Essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
• Provide system administration and operating system support, to include hardware monitoring, for file, print, and common user application servers, and server farms/banks.
• Provide and install hardware, operating system, and software for file, print, and common user applications servers, and server farms/banks.
• Install security, operating system service packs, patches, and application updates and patches on all common user servers.
• Perform release management, to include commercial software, standard software, and site license management, for new system releases for NEC-managed systems.
• Perform system backups for each file, print, and common user applications server.
• Manage and ensure servers are compliant with STIGs/SCAP, up-to-date with latest patches, and scanned via ACAS monthly. Mitigate any findings and maintain plan of action and milestones (POA&M) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) entries, or future systems performing a similar function.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Systems Administrator Lead must have at least ten (10) years of hands-on experience managing a complex virtualized server environment with a mixture of Windows and Unix-based machines.
- The lead must possess a high degree of expertise in the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows Desktop (e.g. Windows 10), MS SQL, MS CRM, MS SCCM, Dell Compellent & EMC-based SANs, Dell Tape Libraries, VMWare, various Unix-variants (e.g. Solaris, Linux), TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6.
- Must have IAT III certifications IAW DODI 8570.01M (CISA or CISSP or CASP or GCIH or GCED)
- Must possess Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) in Windows Server and Exchange Server
- Must also possess a minimum of ITIL Foundation certification.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must have an active Secret clearance
Apply on company website