Associate Director of Marketing, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare in a number of growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, rare blood disorders, consumer healthcare, and emerging markets. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY). Sanofi Genzyme, a division of Sanofi, is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases.
The Associate Director of Marketing, Rare Blood Disorders will be responsible for leading key marketing activities for key brands in the newly created Rare Blood Disorders franchise at Sanofi Genzyme. This includes contributing to the development and execution of brand strategy, supporting both HCP and patient tactics. This individual should have experience working in a cross-functional environment, as they will work closely with Field Sales, Sales Training, Patient Services, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Legal and Regulatory. This position requires a highly motivated individual who can work effectively in a dynamic environment with a high degree of autonomy and creative problem solving skills.
This position is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Lead the development, creation, and implementation of branded and unbranded promotional materials
- Lead large brand level initiatives that span across patient and HCP channels
- Elevate the team's understanding of market dynamics and all aspects of HCP and patient insights. Analyze effectiveness of marketing initiatives and recommend optimizations
- Gain alignment and implement marketing tactics with the sales force. Ensure effective execution
- Own various personal- and non-personal promotional plans for HCP and/ or patient-facing tactics
- Participate in the submission, review, and approval process for key marketing initiatives
- Work closely with multiple agencies to ensure effective execution
- Assist in the development of the brand tactical plan
- Collaborate extensively with marketing, sales force, training department, and other functions to ensure we are achieving revenue, market share, and budget targets
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech commercial experience
- Hemophilia or rare disease experience preferred but not required
- Strong formal presentation development and delivery skills required
- Demonstrated experience in creating, developing and leading brand initiatives that create change
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated cross functional experience included but not limited to: Sales, Global Marketing, In-line Brand/Tactical Marketing, Market Research & Analytics, Market Access, Business Operations, and P&L Leadership
- Knowledge of the Legal and Regulatory landscape pertaining to pharmaceutical marketing; including Medical/Legal/Regulatory Review Committee process
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and demonstrated financial, communication, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter capable of owning initiatives from beginning to end
- High level of personal and professional integrity with strong work ethic
- Sales experience a significant plus
- Ability to travel 20-30%.
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website