Job Description – Global Conventions Manager
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, immunology and oncology, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Job Title: Global Conventions Manager
The Global Conventions Manager will oversee and ensure the flawless execution of the convention/congress plans across Sanofi Genzyme therapeutic areas. Strong project management skills and a close attention to detail will be required to drive the successful execution for each brand. The role will coordinate closely with our third party exhibit vendor, brand congress managers, contributions team, commercial and medical representatives, Compliance, Legal and the marketing teams. This role will ensure that all conventions/congresses are conducted in a consistent and compliant presence across Sanofi Genzyme world-wide.
The Global Conventions Manager will work independently under minimal supervision and direction constantly analyzing business and convention deadlines with assurance of meeting unique stakeholder objectives. S/he will act as the project lead in process improvement and best practices implementations to gain process efficiencies and cost savings. This individual will perform daily tasks that require decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
The individual in this role will have a global scope with a focus on understanding process best practices and brand strategies, while overseeing that best practices are driven across the organization.
Position Essential Functions
- Identify and execute convention/congress strategy for the year across all therapeutic areas at Sanofi Genzyme
- Oversee the planning and execution of all Sanofi Genzyme conventions and congresses; work closely with third party exhibit vendor to ensure the successful and timely execution of the brand's exhibit vision and strategy; ensure each convention/congress is effectively project managed to identify risks and issues early in the process so a timely resolution can be implemented.
- Attend all planning meetings related to congresses; attend all status meetings with exhibit vendor.
- Serve as Sanofi Genzyme expert for innovative convention management, advertisement and engagement tactics, maintain close monitoring of trends within and outside of the pharmaceutical industry; consult with brand teams, creative agencies, and exhibit vendor on the development of innovative and engaging experiences
- Oversee the planning and execution of logistics by the vendor for internal meetings for the global organization that may take place adjacent to key conventions
- Coordinate the execution of pre-, during and post-convention/congress activities; oversee the planning and execution of convention engagement activities such as symposia, booth activities and non-booth engagement activities
- Manage the congress sponsorship process in conjunction with the Contributions team
- Continually evaluate the convention/congress support model across Sanofi Genzyme globally; identify and drive best practices throughout the organization.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative tools and post event surveys to evaluate performance against predetermined KPIs for each congress; establish effective ROI evaluations to help brands understand the value of all aspects of a convention presence; evaluation of overall congress strategy
- Work with procurement to evaluate vendor performance on an on-going basis and after each convention/congress to ensure value and quality of services and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor vendor compliance with all Sanofi related policies and procedures, most notably those relating to regulatory and compliance of promotional materials and interactions with HCPs; communication and enforcement of International Congress/Event Guidelines where applicable
- Drive the completion of Corporate priorities, such as the reduction of convention/congress costs while maintaining quality and effectiveness of the events; identify and drive cost efficiencies throughout the process; understand limitations of brand budgets and look for ways to leverage previous builds on future events.
Basic Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree or related business experience
4-5 years meeting/convention/congress management experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
2+ years project management experience in a complex matrix environment
5 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a strong track record of delivering results in project management and operational strategies
- Ability to think beyond the function, identifying connections between different areas of the organization to see the broader perspective
- Ability to communicate clearly and demonstrate vision and commitment
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence and lead others to deliver quality results in a timely manner in both independent and team environments
- Must think strategically and drive decisions/event forward with the ability to weigh both the short and long term impact of decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication experience with the ability to effectively interface across all levels of the complex matrix organization
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent communication and follow up skills
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills; superior multi-tasking and time management skills
- Prior experience with program budgets; recording and tracking program costs
- Project management ability to foresee critical milestone status and escalation when needed
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project experience
- Understanding of Global transparency systems; US requirements under the Sunshine Act
Up to 40% domestic and international travel required. Onsite presence at key congresses for pre-convention set-up and throughout the convention to dynamically resolve issues on site; may include weekend responsibilities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website