COMPANY AND DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION:
Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) is a leading global integrated healthcare company that discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. The company works to prevent and treat the diseases of today, as well as those we may face tomorrow. With over 100,000 dedicated professionals in more than 100 countries, Sanofi is devoted to advancing healthcare around the world.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity to foster positive, innovative thinking that will benefit people worldwide. Sanofi is also committed to employing qualified individuals with disabilities and, where warranted, will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants, as well as its employees.
Sanofi has established a digital team dedicated to accelerating digital transformation across Sanofi. This group works to implement Sanofi's digital strategy, by bringing dedicated expertise and by partnering with other parts of the company. The focus is on Sanofi's digital priorities, which span the pharmaceutical value chain, from digitizing clinical trial operations to scaling multi-channel customer engagement capabilities. The group also initiates programs to develop digital capabilities and talent.
The team: The Digital Catalyst team is responsible for driving implementation of select projects, setting the gold standard for translating strategy to implementation. This group not only implements directly, but catalyzes digital implementation by partnering with other stakeholders to amplify their impact. The group sites within the newly established digital organization and has achieved meaningful results from a wide range of pilots. In the past two years, this group has focused on digitizing clinical trial operations. This group also takes on other ad hoc projects (e.g., creating digital engagement workshops for senior leadership, working with business development to build relationships with selected incubators). A key goal for this group is to simultaneously demonstrate rapid progress in the target areas, while also role modelling digital ways of working (e.g., test and learn, fail fast).
POSITION OVERVIEW/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES*:
Lead implementation of 1-2 strategic digital initiatives at a time. The successful candidate will be highly focused, dedicating his/her time to a handful of initiatives to ensure their success. She/he will have full responsibility for executing these initiatives, but will need to partner across the organization to implement successfully.
- Specifically, she/he will:
- Manage the project: Drive the project plan and track progress against it
- Lead and scale project in collaboration with relevant cross-functional business partners across Sanofi
- Lead the team in developing and industrializing the implementation solution.
- Run pilots; implement effectively and track performance / record learnings for Sanofi
- In pilots where external vendors are needed, the successful candidate will act as a scout and alliance manager, identifying emerging companies relevant to that initiative and building / maintaining the relationship with the leaders at the partner company over time.
- Example projects include endpoint development or online recruitment
Act as a project manager across the full Digital Catalyst team by consolidating findings, tracking progress, and communicating findings internally within the company and externally to the market
Build capability and enthusiasm
- Develop training and other capability development programs
- Deliver training in the US and globally; may include both webinars and live formats
- Develop communication updates
- Support change management
Act as a center of expertise on digital implementation and acceleration
- Advise / partner with teams on how to do this in their area
- Capture implementation learnings from across the broader digital team.
* Key Responsibilities may differ among employees with the same job title and may change over time, in accordance with business needs
- Think strategically
- Act for change
- Develop people
- Cooperate transversally
- Lead teams
- Strive for results
- Make decisions
- Commit to customers
- Undergraduate degree required
- Experience in digital project implementation (4-6 years). This could take many forms. For instance:
- Consultant, involved with projects that focused on digital implementation
- Agency manager, involved with designing digital assets
- Software company project or product manager; programming team leader with project management responsibilities
- A proven executor with outstanding project management skills and a “getting things done” mentality. Must be a strong and relentless operational problem-solver, skilled at finding creative ways to overcome roadblocks and deliver.
- Distinctive people skills. Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed, culturally diverse organization. Finds the right balance between pushing for change and bringing people along with us.
- A sincere passion for building digital capabilities: a strong educator and digital evangelist
- Must be digitally savvy: familiar with basic digital concepts (SEO, UI/UX); regular user of consumer digital devices and apps; ideally, early adopter of new technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills are required (or Alteryx/Tableau, etc.)
- Advanced degree or additional certifications (e.g., programming certifications) a plus
- Experience in the healthcare industry, particularly pharmaceuticals, a significant asset
- French language skills a plus
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website