Sanofi Genzyme is the Global Business Unit (GBU) of Sanofi responsible for specialty medicines in 5 key therapeutic areas; Rare Diseases, Rare Blood Disorders Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology and Immunology.
This position is responsible for leading a team of global medical affairs professionals (mostly comprised of MDs, and PhDs) dedicated to supporting the Sanofi Genzyme Immunology Portfolio and playing a key leadership role in the clinical and commercial development of all products in the portfolio. This person will be expected to drive Medical Affairs activities for prelaunch, launch and post-launch products, including Dupixent and Kevzara. The Global Head, Sanofi Genzyme Immunology Medical Affairs will be in charge of developing and ensuring the execution of the Global Medical Affairs Strategy for each product. This person will be expected to successfully collaborate with Regeneron, our alliance partner.
The position requires specific technical skills in a clinical immunology discipline (e.g. Respiratory, Dermatology, Rheumatology) as well as the ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment; highly team oriented with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other groups will be needed, as will a demonstrated ability to see the big picture while not losing focus on project specifics; the ability to both develop project strategies and execute project details. A strong commitment to achieving corporate objectives while maintaining the highest ethical, regulatory and scientific standards is required.
In the day to day business the person will build strategic plans, supervise the implementation and execution of the medical affairs activities across broad range of countries in US, Europe, JPAC and Emerging Markets. The Head will manage direct and indirect reports and build external partnership with health care partners and scientific organizations.
In addition, the incumbent will work closely with the leadership of Sanofi Genzyme's Research, Clinical Development, Commercial, Health Economics and Value and Access and Product Management functions in the US and worldwide to support optimal life cycle management for all products.
- Oversee management of strategy around Investigator Sponsored Studies and Phase IV Medical Affairs Studies, including chairing the Scientific Review Committee to ensure that the LCM strategy is clearly defined and consistent with the clinical development and strategic objectives for each product, and that appropriate processes are in place for review, approval, management and support of studies that are scientifically sound
- Lead, along with colleagues in Scientific Communication, management of publication planning and execution to ensure that all data on Sanofi Genzyme Immunology products generated by company or investigator sponsored trials is publicly presented in an appropriate and timely fashion and in a fair and balanced manner. Lead activities to define the scientific platform for each product along with Scientific Communications colleagues.
- Oversee management of funding for CME, grants, and sponsorships to ensure that funds are allocated appropriately to activities consistent with the clinical development and commercial objectives of the business, and that review and approval processes are in place to maintain strict compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Manage the Heads of Europe and JAPAC for Immunology Medical Affairs and provide guidance and strategic direction to Medical Affairs activities supporting oncology to the Genzyme affiliates outside of the US. Head the Immunology Global Medical Affairs Leadership Team that will include Region Heads for EU, JAPAC, Emerging Markets, US, Scientific Communication and direct reports.
- Responsibility and accountability for the financial management and reporting requirements for medical affairs, including supporting the Finance reporting process with accurate and timely data and assumptions as needed to support budgeting, forecasting and long range planning for the business units. Manage the budget.
- Lead the business units in KOL relationship management
- Ensure that medical guidance is provided to marketing and sales teams
- Participate in relevant Sanofi Genzyme Product Teams to provide expertise and ensure alignment of medical affairs with clinical development and commercial activities
- Provide leadership in identifying needs for post-marketing clinical trials and registries and oversee their management and execution
- Represent the Sanofi Genzyme Immunology business unit at medical meetings, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with KOLs
- Represent Sanofi Genzyme Immunology business unit at the corporate level and in interactions with other business units to optimize coordination and collaboration around areas of overlapping interests
- Travels regularly (both internationally and within the US) as necessary
- Board Certified M.D., preferable with significant Immunology experience
- Significant experience in clinical development and post-marketing medical affairs on a global level
- Significant leadership and management experience in medical affairs or other aspects of the life sciences sector
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
- Experience in both clinical research and patient care
- Proficient in public speaking
- Ten years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or equivalent Immunology related experience
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website