Experienced administrative professional providing high level administrative and project management support to the global head of legal for Sanofi's Specialty Care global business unit consistent with best practices for a busy legal office. This position will assist in coordinating legal-related work for the function, as further described below, and will provide support to other members of the legal function.
The Legal Executive Assistant will serve as a main point of contact for the company for legal matters related to the Sanofi Genzyme/Specialty Care global business unit generally and for current and historical matters related to Genzyme Corporation specifically. The Legal Executive Assistant is expected to develop a complete understanding of department functions and areas of responsibility to ensure efficient and appropriate referral of legal matters to an appropriate file owner and to ensure prompt attention to legal matters.
The Legal Executive Assistant must have a strong commitment to professional ethical standards, including the ability to handle and protect confidential and sensitive information.
The Legal Executive Assistant will consider administrative support capabilities for the legal function in Cambridge generally, and will recommend improvements on administrative procedures, recommend appropriate support coverage changes in light of developing workload across the administrative support group and serve as a “super-user” for certain key systems and databases with the legal function. This individual may provide guidance and training to less experienced administrative staff.
Sanofi is a global company with an emphasis on cross-border and cross-functional cooperation; a team focused environment is the foundation of Sanofi's operating model. While extraordinary individual efforts are recognized and rewarded, ultimately one's success or failure is determined by how well the entire team does. That team spirit is the hallmark of the Sanofi legal division and advanced behaviors in teamwork and altruistic leadership are necessary.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
- Heavy calendar and meeting management for the global head of legal Sanofi Genzyme, including, but not limited to, planning and scheduling complex meetings with internal and external participants, room scheduling, preparation of agendas, preparation of meeting materials, anticipating equipment and catering requests.
- Management of logistics for meetings in various formats (teleconferences, videoconferences, web-based meetings, etc.) both on site and at remote locations; and
- Coordinating internal and external meetings in keeping with established budgetary limits based on expected participants.
- Additional calendar management for other legal team members.
- Setting up domestic and international travel in compliance with the Company travel policy, preparing compliant and timely expense reports and conducting group expense tracking for the global head of legal Sanofi Genzyme and certain other legal team members.
- Maintaining department databases, including but not limited to our legal billing system (TyMetrix T360®), preparing and/or running reports from department databases and ensure accurate and real time data for budget planning and reporting purposes.
- Assisting in the administration of the Legal, Ethics & Business Integrity (LEBI) function as a central point of contact for the function and the company generally, ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of day-to-day operations, including answering or directing inquiries to the appropriate individuals in the department or the organization.
- Opening and reviewing all internal and external mail while maintaining confidentiality and ensuring proper prioritization; proactively routing to the appropriate individual and/or highlighting matters that require immediate attention.
- General administrative duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, and receiving and preparing correspondence for the global head of legal Sanofi Genzyme and certain other legal team members.
- Facilitating and supporting regular LEBI Leadership Team (LLT) meetings including, when Cambridge is the host site, managing logistics (transportation, travel and meals) for all LLT participants.
- Assisting in the structure of agendas, meeting minutes and follow-up on action items for Legal Leadership Team (LLT) and other matters
- Assisting in the general management of the LEBI function as miscellaneous projects/situations arise, including supporting other members of the department and proactively bringing needs to the attention of LEBI leadership and working with others who support LLT members to better ensure knowledge-sharing and effective operation of the function
- Organization and maintenance of department filing system including confidential data, ensuring department supplies needs are met and managing department communication and organizational charts and distribution lists.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Educational Background & Job-Related Experience:
Associates Degree or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree is a plus
- 10+ years of related experience, including support at senior management level;
- Notary Public or willingness to become a Notary Public preferred
- Prior experience as a member of an in-house legal department and/or at a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company preferred
- Experience working in a matrixed international environment preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written to ensure professional and courteous interactions, both in person and by phone;
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization, including globally, as this position requires frequent interaction with executive level individuals and their assistants to facilitate meetings that address business needs on short notice.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and still meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure with limited supervision;
- Ability to use independent judgment to make administrative and procedural decisions;
- Must have the ability to recognize and work with highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy, taking extreme care in executing tasks while maintaining necessary confidentiality. Must be comfortable being “in the know” but not sharing information, internally or externally, until permitted to do so, and to manage sensitive/confidential issues;
- Highly motivated with the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment;
- Team player with a solution-oriented approach and a commitment to developing strong collaborative relationships with clients and cross-functional teams and a demonstrated ability to foster a cooperative work environment;
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point);
- Strong attention to details, including proofreading documents for clarity and completeness;
- Ability to draft and edit correspondence and other documents;
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects;
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports; and
- Commitment to proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and engaging with appropriate stakeholders to propose solutions.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website