Position Title: Manufacturing Technology Platform Director
Site/Department: Toronto/MTech Vaccines
Under the guidance of the Senior Director Manufacturing Technologies, the platforms Head provides executive direction, develops and implements short, medium and long term strategic plans for Toronto site vaccines, to ensure process robustness, to improve and innovate in manufacturing processes and technologies, in order to secure reliable and sustainable supply short to long term (quality, cost and volume).
- You will be responsible to set a strategy/plan for the long term process/equipment improvement.
- You will provide scientific and technical support and rational to increase efficiency in operations.
- You will ensure all ongoing projects meet the expected target dates and deliverables.
- You will be responsible to implement project management tools and guidance in relation with the project manager.
- You will be responsible to design 3Y roadmap to increase capacity including yields improvement, assets utilization, new technologies.
- You will ensure strong execution of identified initiatives in close collaboration with the Autonomous Production Unit and Quality.
- You will ensure adequate staffing for operation in projects. The budget scope of the business is over $50 million.
- You will define the plan & team to establish Manufacturing Assistance support when needed.
Manufacturing Assistance (MA) and robust operation:
- You will ensure timely and strong MA activities.
- You will establish and maintain close connection with production and Quality teams.
- You will ensure capability for effective root cause investigation and deviation assessment.
- You will support inspection activities.
- You will strengthen process and product knowledge.
- You will be responsible to lead, motivate and develop people of the team
- You will be responsible to lead a team of 20-60 individuals
- You will be responsible to attract/retain best talents.
Strategy and Reporting:
- Report issues and concerns to the MTech Senior Director.
- Organize the monthly Program Steering committee.
- Provide reports on the program to executive (Senior Director, VPIO, SVPIO).
- Establish and maintain connection between all activities and site management.
Education and Experience:
- You have a minimum a Master's or PhD in Biotechnology or other relevant discipline
- you have at least 10 years along with direct experience in vaccines / pharmaceutical/ biotechnology manufacturing
- You are recognized as subject matter expert (SME) in upstream and/or downstream: Risk assessment and Root Cause Investigation
- You have a strong analytical mindset with the ability to understand the technical aspects of all units of operations and vaccines requirements
- You have experience in Continuous Improvement Methodologies (Six-Sigma, QBD)
- You have the ability to communicate transversally at all levels of the organization as applies to: negotiation, conflict resolution, facilitation, team motivation, and problem solving
- You have exceptional Leadership skills with the following preferred skills: team creation & development, strategy setting and execution, vision creation and alignment, negotiation, conflict resolution, critical thinking, problem solving, influence and collaboration
Applications received after the official close date will be reviewed on an individual basis.
NOTE: Internal applicants are required to notify their manager of their application.
Sanofi Pasteur: The world's leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website