The Area Business Manager (ABM) is accountable for achieving annual sales objectives for a defined geographical universe and settings including academic centers, large group practices, IDN's, and community accounts through the development, maintenance and enhancement of key customer relationships. . The ABM will develop strong working relationships with Oncology experts and all additional Oncology specialists in the assigned geography as well as nurses and other important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups as directed. Additionally, the ABM will work closely with collaboration partners, Medical Science Liaisons, as well as internal stakeholders as needed to proactively address customer needs, market dynamics and trends and develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives within their assigned geography.
- Development and implementation of effective territory planning and leveraging Sanofi resources effectively. Utilization of effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand product understanding and appropriate patient identification are also a must.
- Develop and utilize a business plan aligned with marketing strategies through territory analysis, cross-functional collaboration and customer insights. (Updated quarterly)
- Implement business plans through leveraging all appropriate resources, both human and physical, with Hematologists and Oncologists and other appropriate key customers
- Develop as product and disease state expertise. Effectively communicate and position product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate use of the Sanofi oncology portfolio within territory
- Work with Regeneron Field counterpart(s) as well as Reimbursement and access specialists and other stakeholders to proactively address customer needs
- Complete call reporting, business plan updates and expense reports
- Effective account targeting and time management
- Attend training sessions as required and conventions and symposia, as necessary
- Complete all fleet safety training and maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents
- BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
- Minimum 2 years successful experience in Oncology sales (Dermatologic Preferred) or specialty biologic products preferred
- Ability to think, plan, and act strategically
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with the hospital and cancer center environment
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
- Results oriented with a proven track record of success with product launches a plus
- Strong understanding of the Oncology Dermatologic therapeutic area and the current Oncology marketplace a plus
- Strong peer leadership and ability to collaborate with and coordinate activity among individuals in different reporting structures within the organization
- Ability to travel and cover large geography territories
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website